NHS dental care is arranged into 3 bands of treatment, each of which has a set fee.
Band 1 treatment: – This charge includes an examination, diagnosis and preventive advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, scaling and planning for further treatment.
Band 2 treatment: – This charge includes all the necessary treatment covered by the band 1 charge, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment, treatment of gum disease or extractions
Band 3 treatment: – This charge includes all the necessary treatment that is covered by the band 1 and 2 charges, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges.
For more information, visit www.nhs.uk
Free NHS dental care is available if, when your treatment starts, you are:
– under 18
– under 19 and in full-time education
– pregnant or you’ve had a baby in the 12 months before treatment starts
You can also get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts or the charge is made:
– you or your partner (including civil partners) get Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
– you are named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
– you are named on a valid HC2 certificate
If you are named on a valid HC3 certificate, you may get some help towards the cost of your NHS dental treatment.
For more information, please visit www.nhs.uk
At Duston Dental Practice, we offer the full range of NHS dental treatments.
Tooth whitening is a gentle, non-permanent way to improve the shade of your teeth.
Duston Dental Practice is pleased to offer Denplan Care and Essentials packages to our patients.
A missing tooth can be replaced by a dental implant without altering the healthy adjacent teeth...
Duston Dental Practice is pleased to offer our patients private dental care as standard...