Tooth whitening is a gentle, non-permanent way to improve the shade of your teeth. It works by using a bleaching agent to slowly lighten out dark tones within the inner structures of your teeth.
There are many ways to whiten your teeth, but the system we use here is a home whitening kit with custom-fitted trays. Advantages of this treatment include:
- Gentle treatment with minimal harm to your precious tooth enamel (equivalent to drinking 1 can of cola per day
- Does not grossly dehydrate your teeth, compared to some in-surgery light-activated systems, which can stress precious tooth enamel
- Subtle shade improvement gives a more natural appearance
- The ability to stop treatment once the desired level of lightness has been achieved
- You can keep your custom-fit trays for ever which helps to keep future costs down in top-ups rather than repeat treatments
Not everyone is suitable for tooth whitening, so it is important to ensure your teeth are healthy before commencing treatment. In the UK, only dentists and dental care professionals are legally able to carry out or prescribe tooth whitening.
At Duston Dental Practice, we offer the full range of NHS dental treatments.
Tooth whitening is a gentle, non-permanent way to improve the shade of your teeth.
Duston Dental Practice is pleased to offer Denplan Care and Essentials packages to our patients.
A missing tooth can be replaced by a dental implant without altering the healthy adjacent teeth...
Duston Dental Practice is pleased to offer our patients private dental care as standard...